A $500,000 reward has been announced for information about the disappearance and suspected homicide of Newcastle man Steven Fenwick.
Steven ‘Feno’ Fenwick, 33, was last seen getting off a bus on Nelson Bay Road in Fern Bay, about 1pm on January 30 last year.
The NSW government today announced the reward for information which leads to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the 33-year-old’s suspected homicide.
Several land searches have been conducted since Mr Fenwick was last seen, with Detective Sergeant Jeff Little hoping the reward will bring forward fresh information about his disappearance.
“As we approach the 12-month mark of Steven’s disappearance, we believe there are people out there who can fill in the blanks with his final movements,” Det. Sgt Little said in a statement today.
“It’s been a year of uncertainty for the Fenwick family, and we want to get the answers Steven deserves.”
Mr Fenwick’s mother Debbie also pleaded with the public for information which may lead to finding her son.
“Every day without answers is another day of heartache and confusion – we just want to know what happened,” Ms Fenwick said in a statement.
© AAP 2020